- 175g (6oz) Self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- 150g (5oz) margarine
- few drops of almond essence
- blanched almonds
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Grease two baking trays
- Mix together the dry ingredients, rub in margarine.
- Add the essence, mix well and brig together using your hands
- Roll out thinly and cut into 7.5cm (3") rounds. Place half a blanched almond on each.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes
© 2000-11, Jonathan Stott.
22 Jan 2020 09:16:38 GMT